Thursday, July 30, 2009

Makeup all organized!!!

I have an awesome boyfriend who not only tolerates my girly obsessions, but actually contributes by buying me makeup sometimes. I'm living with him this summer and have temporarily taken over one of the cabinets in his apartment with my makeup. Lately it has been a bit messy so I decided to organize everything so that both our stuff could co-exist neatly. I have been wearing makeup since high school and have amassed a bit of a collection, but it is still very modest when compared to some other serious make-up collectors or addicts. :p

So here's how I organized things: I used separator things from Ikea to keep each type of makeup in its own compartment. Here's an overview:


Face Compartment:




Faves: Clean & Clear oil-blotting sheets. MAC SFF in NC 25, Studio Fix loose powder in NC 30. Mineralize Skinifish natural and shimmer in Medium, Well-dressed blush. So Ceylon bronzer.

Regrets: MAC Studio Fix powder foundation (too powdery and cakey, doesn't photograph well), Physician's Formula mineral foundation (oxidizes).

Eye compartment:




Faves: Cover Girl trio in Shimmering Sands (despite the other higher end palettes that I have, this is the one I reach for the most). MAC smokey eyes palette. Bobbi Brown Shimmering Neutrals palette. MAC all that glitters single shadow. L'oreal liners, both liquid and gel. Rimmel sexy curves mascara.

Regrets: any urban decay eyeshadow, singles or palette. Way too glittery, little to none pigmentation, expensive and over-hyped.

Lip compartment: the piece-de-resistance. I stored my products upside-down so that I can have a quick view of the shades. This is much easier and neater than having to sort through all the generic black tubes that I have. :)


Faves: MAC Angel lipstick, Amplified dazzleglass. Revlon nude attitude and really red lipstic, all glosses. Rimmel lipsticks in Champagne, Sugar Plum and Airy Fairy.

Nail stuff. (stored in a separate Ikea box inside the bathroom).






Faves: OPI Metro chic, Mod about you, Lincoln park after dark. China Glaze VI, agent lavender, Ruby pumps, For Audrey. NARS orgasm. Seche Vite top coat. Sally Hansen Diamond Shine top coat.

Regrets: MAC Seasonal Peach. Love the colour, but it's just way too streaky and difficult to work with. :(

Lastly, I put my brushes and tools into a coffee cup. I have no pic but you probably get the general idea.

Faves: MAC 168, 187, 217. Essence of Beauty eye shadow brush. EL kabuki. Lilash Eyelash growth stimulator.

Regrets: MAC studio fix spray. I'm gonna do a separate post on this.


1 comment: